Meme from Eldar
( Meme under hereCollapse )
Aww, what the hell. Bold entries are true for me, non-bold are not.1. Father went to college.
2. Father finished college.
3. Mother went to college.
4. Mother finished college.
5. Have any relative who is an attorney, physician, or professor. 6. Were the same or higher class than your high school teachers.
Some of them, probably. Definitely lower than some of them, too.7. Had more than 50 books in your childhood home.8. Had more than 500 books in your childhood home.
Wouldn't surprise me. My dad is a compulsive hoarder and we had an attic.9. There is no number 9
10.Had lessons of any kind before you turned 18.
Assuming you count a brief go at pre-school ballet.
11. Had more than two kinds of lessons before you turned 18.
12. The people in the media who dress and talk like me are portrayed positively. As per Eldar, "Nobody in the media dresses or talks like me. That's why they're in the media and I'm not."
13. Had a credit card with your name on it before you turned 18.
14. Your parents (or a trust) paid for the majority of your college costs. Full grant, student loan, bank loan/overdraft. The occasional bail out from my folks.
15. Your parents (or a trust) paid for all of your college costs.
16. Went to a private high school.
17. Went to summer camp.
18. Had a private tutor before you turned 18.
19. Family vacations involved staying at hotels. Not usually, though it did happen occasionally. It was generally some kind of self-catering.
21. Your parents bought you a car that was not a hand-me-down from them. I've never owned a car.
22. There was original art in your house when you were a child. Not unless you count my own drawings.
23. You and your family lived in a single-family house.24. Your parent(s) owned their own house or apartment before you left home.
Well, they had a mortgage.25. You had your own room as a child.
Yeah, I was an only child until I was 10.26. You had a phone in your room before you turned 18.
My father foolishly agreed to this, and regretted it!28. Had your own TV in your room in high school.
A little one for the Vic 20.
29. Owned a mutual fund or IRA in high school or college. Spare money? At school or college? Hardly!30. Flew anywhere on a commercial airline before you turned 16.
One package holiday to Corfu.
31. Went on a cruise with your family.
32. Went on more than one cruise with your family. 33. Your parents took you to museums and art galleries as you grew up.
Occasionally. Much more on school trips, but I remember my mum insisting on going to the Van Gogh gallery in Amsterdam once.34. You were unaware of how much heating bills were for your home was.
My folks didn't involve me in that - it wasn't like I could contribute.